We are really excited to announce scholarships for 5 upcoming students of the Music Performance program at Art House Academy.
The program is unique in that it prepares aspiring artists on how to navigate the pop music industry. It is filled with lots of one-on-one classes nurturing students in finding their own artistic identity.
The program is taught across an intensive one-year period, and through individual vocal technique sessions, students are taught breathing techniques, intonation, and the development of a unique style. Ear training is a necessary skill and through repeated lecturers and exercises, students will grasp the design of a melody, recognize chord progressions, and identify the difference between different subdivisions of a beat. Through improvisation pedagogy, students will be able to recognize, absorb and emulate melodic lines and expressive gestures from a selection of different genres. This includes improvising in a variety of contemporary and traditional styles. Developing a body language, setting a scenic style and the ability to manage an audience are all aspects that will be covered throughout the program.
The students will be working side-by-side the talented songwriters, producers and engineers of the Abbey Road Institute Miami’s Music Production & Sound Engineering program.
- Cover full tuition as well as limited living expenses (this gets decided on an individual basis)
- Give you access to a boutique program, led by Julio Reyes Copello, with superb mentors and instructors
- Give you the opportunity to have your first EP, created during program, released by a major label
Submissions can be made until October 31st 2020 at 11:59pm EST and winners will be contacted before November 20th 2020. To submit your application for a scholarship, you must be 18 years old (before January 4th 2021) and have a valid US residency permit. During the application process, you will be asked to upload the following items:
Click here to submit your scholarship application
- Full Name
- Date of birth
- Portfolio: Upload a PDF of your EPK or Artist one-sheet page
- Music Links: Submit 4 links to music or videos of songs you've performed and explain your contribution. These can be links to Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud
- Resume: Upload a PDF and include experiences related to music as well as academic experiences.
- Motivation Video: Include a video of yourself explaining your background, why you started with music and why you believe that you deserve this scholarship
- Optional social media links